Podcasting in China and The Meaning of Asia with Oscar Fuchs of Mosaic of China
In this episode, we are going to China to have a conversation with someone who is gathering stories there, none other than the Host of Mosaic of China: Oscar Fuchs!
Oscar is the Host and Producer of Mosaic of China, a lighthearted English language podcast showcasing an array of people who are currently making their mark in China. Previously the Co-Founder of a headhunting company, that venture brought him to many different countries in Asia: three years in Japan, six years in Singapore, three years in Hong Kong, and five years in China. Now he is based in Shanghai.
In this episode we talk about:
- Oscar's origin story, from completing a 250-kilometer ultra-marathon in Namibia to starting Mosaic of China.
- The preconceptions and assumptions of China that Oscar is tackling with each episode
- Podcasting best practices in China and why we need two RSS feeds
- What's in the pipeline for Oscar as he wraps up Season 1
- The meaning of Asia as a word and how it is defined by Western influences