Pros and Cons of The Elliptical
Is the Elliptical a good workout for women over 50? Elliptical controversy was started in Episode #5 when Brian Kennel mentioned his thoughts on the Elliptical.
In Episode #17 of the Becoming Elli Podcast, Chris and Jill look for answers when they interview a series of experts on their opinions about the use of the elliptical for women over 50.
In this episode you will hear:
- the pros and cons of the elliptical
- best ways to use the elliptical to get a great workout
- why the elliptical sometimes seems easy to use
- what not to do on the elliptical
- why the elliptical gets a bad rap
Experts interviewed include:
- Sara Renard has her Group Fitness Instructor Certification from AFAA (the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America), Personal Trainer certification from NETA (National Exercise Trainers Association.) She is responsible for all of the group fitness instructors at LifeCenter Plus.
- Jacob, Maria, Andrew and Suzanne work at at Summa Wellness Center:
- Jacob Weatherbee is a fitness specialist who has a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science from the University of Akron and has a certification in Exercise Physiology through American College of Sports Medicine.
- Maria Stadelman is a personal trainer at Summa Wellness Center and has a bachelor degree from Ohio University in Exercise Physiology. She has been an athlete her whole life.
- Andrew Oravec is a personal trainer, exercise specialist, and group fitness instructor and has a Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology from University of Akron. He is a Certified Exercise Physiologist by the American College of Sports Medicine.
- Suzanne LaChance is a fitness specialist, personal trainer and group exercise instructor. She is also a certified Zumba instructor and is Certified by the American College of Sports Medicine as a Exercise Physiologist. He holds a Master's Degree in Exercise Physiology from the University of Akron.
- Jennifer Stefanik is President of Central Wellness and has her Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology from Kent State University. She is a Certified Group Exercise Instructor and Certified Health Coach through American Council on Exercise.
- Mark Feakes is the Director at LifeStyles North at Cleveland Clinic Akron General. He has a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training from the University of Akron and has many years of experience as a certified personal trainer as well.
Running and Staying Healthy with Wendy Rivard
Improving Fitness Through Spinning with Sherry Chlysta
Hormone Health for Women Over 50 - Jeannie Beaudin
Using Triathlons to Overcome Adversity: Diana Woolf
How to Crave Healthy Foods & Stop Dieting - Melanie Jatsek
Group Exercise Instructor Diane Reuther
Setting Goals for the New Year
Reflections on 2018 with Diane Berkley and Juel Fitzgerald
Eat Well to Live Well with Heather Lentz
Inspirational Messages with Vicki Prussak
Coping with Holiday Stress with Marsha Friedman
Janet Palcko - Pilgrim on the Camino de Santiago
How We Ran a Half Marathon
Staying Fit through Running with Loretta Harland
Pros and Cons of The Elliptical
Maintain Weight Loss and Health Through Food with Karen Parrott
Health Coach, Personal Trainer, and All-Around Athlete Stacy Rhea
Getting Past the Negative Voices - Women over 50 Becoming Elli
Healthy Eating for Women Over 50 with Nutrition Expert Becca DeVenzio
Improving Balance and Mobility with Jill Rango