Purpleface's Face Isn't Purple
- Danny enjoys bananas.
- Lauren streams on Twitch and plays in The Returners.
- 1:12 If every Tetris piece has a personality, which piece would you most prefer to be stuck with on a deserted island?
- The History of Tetris Randomizers. https://simon.lc/the-history-of-tetris-randomizers
- 12:45 The sense of smell is most closely tied to memory. Are there any really strong associations you have?
- Ulillillia's relationship with music: http://www.ulillillia.us/aboutme/music.shtml
- TXT World: A Journey Of The Nose. https://twitter.com/mogwai_poet/status/1196511832220917760
- "We carry the WORLDS LARGEST Selection of Scratch N' Sniff scents!" http://www.promobrands.com/scratchandsniffscents.htm
- 22:15 Convincing my son that sleep is a good thing when I don't believe it myself
- 28:46 Groke asks: "Transitioning from making art for its own sake to making it to keep a roof over your head (or vice-versa)"
- Basil's Adventure. http://twinbeard.com/basil/
- 40:55 Why IS a raven like a writing desk?
- 46:36 In the last week, what is the best thing that you have seen, done, and/or eaten?
- New Study Reveals Just How Sick Families With Kids Get. https://gizmodo.com/new-study-reveals-just-how-sick-families-with-kids-get-1722654292
- How butter chicken roti became a Toronto classic. https://www.thestar.com/life/food_wine/2019/08/13/how-butter-chicken-roti-became-a-toronto-classic.html
- Doing video game music.
- Breaking a problem into subproblems.
- An unusual form of synesthesia where you perceive Tetris pieces as personalities.
- Making rude buzzer noises when the guest gets it wrong.
- The Tetris I-piece being egotistical and always late when you need it most.
- Siblings who are not identical but are mistaken for identical.
- The stem cell of Tetris pieces.
- The Tetris T-piece being useful for opening coconuts because it's shaped like a bottle opener.
- Playing Tetris without realizing that you can rotate the pieces.
- The Tetris T-piece standing for Trauma.
- Not realizing you push B to run in Super Mario Bros. because it doesn't do anything when you're not moving.
- The smell of candles reminding you of the holidays.
- Finding the cologne that speaks to your soul and wearing it literally every day.
- A cartoon character design except it's how you smell.
- Bringing around an MP3 player to play your theme song on loop as you walk around campus.
- Testing how long you can listen to the Bubble Bobble theme.
- Eating only carrots for a week because you want to really feel the fine distinctions between each individual carrot.
- The particular mix of sweat and grass that makes you think of playing soccer.
- Not being able to think of the word for when the water in a river is extremely busy.
- The idealized smells of Frog Fractions 2 where everything smells like candy because of all the bright colors.
- Going to sleep being the worst thing but your son going to sleep being the best thing.
- Reading your child books about sleeping to convince them that sleeping is a good thing.
- Refusing to teach your child about how certain activities are for boys and some are for girls, but then they learn about it in school anyway.
- Having vivid dreams and taking ideas from them to use in fiction.
- Hating to go to sleep and hating to wake up so maybe what you actually hate is just the transition one way or the other.
- Wanting to go to sleep but going into a depressive spiral instead.
- Reminiscing about making art as a hobby.
- Doing the same amount of work but not burning out because you change the kind of work you're doing.
- Creativity through limitations.
- Getting to the point where you can afford to say no to freelance projects.
- Having an audience and feeling obligated to serve the audience literally all the time.
- Making dinner as an act of creative fulfillment.
- Baking intuitively by just putting ingredients in a pan until it feels right.
- Giving your guest baker a challenge ingredient to incorporate into their cake.
- Picking activities that force you to not be perfect.
- Forcing everybody to read a sentence from your novel before they get a cookie.
- Whether "smartass" is really a swear.
- Finding 11 socks in your desk at the end of the school year.
- Both a raven and a writing desk having legs, but different numbers of legs.
- Whether desks lay eggs to reproduce.
- Finding the image that is exactly halfway between a raven and a writing desk.
- Never having been sick as often as when you worked in a bounce house birthday party place.
- Schoolteachers no longer getting sick because they've gotten literally every disease.
- Putting the curry inside of the flatbread like they do in Toronto.
- The relief of seeing a stray cat you haven't seen in a while.
- A cat named Purrcy.
- Arranging music for a friend and your band mates being excited to record it.
- Artists appreciating art you made for them more than non-artists would.
- Giving grandma your new noisecore album for Christmas.
- Grandma sticking your new noisecore album to the fridge with a magnet.
- Someone asking to read your fiction and then actually reading it.
- A gift secretly being a demand for the recipient's time.
- A gift made not just for somebody but made with their needs in mind.
- Laura, Lauren, Laurie, and Laurel all being the same name if you think about it.
- Profundity on demand.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store