Queen Kylie Sonique Love, Ra’Jah O'Hara and Silky Nutmeg Ganache's Triumphs and Vanessa Van Cartier’s Love (W/ Mijon Zulu, Nick Probst, and Alicia of Nails by Glamazon)
What a week! Queen Kylie!!!!!!!!!! The love of Vanessa Van Cartier. Family Resemblance (normally, gross, but this week was fire (besides that lip-sync - EW)) Also, Henri who? Apparently, Ida was the one we all should have all been preparing for. This week, we’d also like to draw attention to friend-of-the-show and drag queen Essa Noche whose apartment was completely flooded by Ida. She, along with many Brooklyn queers, suffered losses during the flooding in NYC and we like to support drag queens however we can. If you can check out her Insta and Venmo and send her some love and cash money. Also, Labor Day and pandemic insurance have come and gone (Yikes!), so be kind to yourselves as you find work. Whatever happens, please don’t settle for something that doesn’t "spark joy". And, who better to show how it is done, than Alicia of Nails by Glamazon the part-time lawyer part-time custom nail artist who makes nails for Eureka, Manilla, Ra’Jah, and countless other Drag Divas! Follow your passion and maybe your passion will be showcased all around the world. :) Alicia came on the pod to serve Drag Race superfan energy. We get nail tips and learn all about how she partners with our favs! She also teaches us about some fabulous regional queer spaces: Charlies in Phoenix, Club Axis in Columbus, and some of the best drag queens in Baltimore Brooklyn Heights (the American one) and Iyana Deschanel. And, finally, we get to hear about the beautiful queer love story of her own. <3
On the pod:
All Stars 6:
- Who is Tanya Tucker?
- Could they have switched Tanya and Tina Knowles?
- This is the most southern finale ever.
- Can we get Axel Andrews on Drag Race?
- The joy of this finale.
- RuPaul's Wyoming look?
- Is This is Our Country a top Ru Song?
- Are finalists contests getting fewer bars in Ru’s songs?
- Ginger’s Finale Speech.
- Kylie and R’ajah melted our hearts.
- Ra’Jah redemption.
- Why Kylie’s trip and flip! was the moment!
- Why Silky really won the season.
Drag Race Holland:
- It is just such god drag.
- Why pageant queens elevate Drag Race.
- Envy is doing Fred’s makeup.
- Sederginne’s New Recap Gig!
- Drag Race needs to keep teaching the children.
- The dreaded makeover challenge.
- My Little Puny’s family.
- Could we get some 80s HIV/AIDS heroes on Drag Race?
- Vanessa Van Cartier’s love story.
- Partners transitioning in the queer community.
- Freedom is freeing and Tabitha’s Mom rocks.
- Why on earth was there a triple lip sink?
About our guest:
Alicia is an Arizona to Maryland transplant, Washington DC Ediscovery and litigation attorney, house plant collector, and a drag enthusiast who moonlights as Nails by Glamazon. In February 2018, after three and a half years of working full time, attending law school in the evening, and utter intellectual exhaustion, NbG was born out of a need to express her fabulous queer creativity. Since then she has partnered with drag performers from all over the country, Ru girls, All-Stars, and HBO to showcase her creations. Check out her Instagram @nailsbyglamazon.
FOLLOW NAILS BY GLAMAZON
Instagram: Nails by Glamazon
FOLLOW AND HELP ESSA NOCHE
Instagram: Essa Noche
FOLLOW THE HUNTYS
Whispering Huntys is an Apocalypse Podcast Network Podcast.
Sign up to our Listserv: http://eepurl.com/hfnySr