Rak Razam & Joel Brierre - Cartography of the Divine: Exploring the Union of Psychedelics & Meditation
Paul F. Austin speaks with Rak Razam & Joel Brierre, creators of Bridging Heaven Retreats, about the "marriage" of meditation and 5-MeO-DMT.
Rak Razam is an alchemical storyteller with his finger on the pulse of tomorrow and the heart of today. A screenwriter, documentary filmmaker, author, journalist and culture maker, his focus is on the cultural paradigm birthing in this brave new world. Co-founder of the World Bufo Alvarius Congress (www.wbac.info), he has become one of the world’s leading experts on 5-MeO, giving lectures and panel discussions at events worldwide. He has been facilitating bufo toad retreats in Mexico since 2016.
Joël Brierre (aka: the entheogenic yogi) is a pioneer in the modern psychedelic movement, and has years of experience in the realm of 5-MeO-DMT and the Bufo Alvarius toad. His unique approach of applying classical non-dual yogic philosophy for both the preparation and integration from the entheogenic experience gained attention from around the world at the first World Bufo Alvarius Congress (WBAC) in 2018 and continues to shift the landscape of psychedelic use. Currently Founder & CEO of Kaivalya Kollectiv and President of Tandava Retreats.
Find episode links, summary, and transcript here.
- Rak Razam’s journey through Psychedelics as a media professional.
- Joel Brierre’s spiritual re-entry into psychedelics, and his contributions through retreats, public education, and trainings.
- How Rak and Joel’s paths converged, leading to the creation of Bridging Heaven Retreats.
- Joel and Rak’s approach to designing a low-dose 5-MeO meditation retreat.
- Weaving ancient yogic philosophy into 5-MeO practice.
- Considering 5-MeO harm reduction as the substance becomes increasingly widespread.
- Looking ahead: continuing explorations with neurofeedback technology and 5-MeO-DMT, and mapping the frontiers of consciousness.
- Rak Razam’s Website
- Joel Brierre’s Website
- Kaivalya Kollectiv
- Bridging Heaven Retreats
- Tandava Retreats
- Rak’s Ayahuasca documentary, Aya Awakenings
- F.I.V.E. (5-MEO-DMT Information and Vital Education)
- VICE article featuring Rak’s first 5-MEO-DMT session.
- Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga
These show links may contain affiliate links. Third Wave receives a small percentage of the product price if you purchase through the above affiliate links.
This episode is brought to you by Third Wave’s Coaching Certification Program. This is an opportunity for coaches with existing practices to be a part of a movement that will change lives.