Ravi Machani - Machani Group
This time around we have Ravi Machani on the show. He is the Managing Director of the Machani Group, an 80-year-old family business run by the third-generation of entrepreneurs. Ravi is a socially responsible business leader, an avid music enthusiast, and a forward-thinking visionary, who ardently follows his passion for engineering, technology, and design. His stints working outside the family business have helped him gather expertise in many areas including corporate finance, global M&A, turn around management, operations, and strategy. Ravi believes business has the power to do tremendous good and serves on the board of the Entrepreneurs' Organization, a global network of more than 13,000 business owners in 46 countries.
Insights from this episode:
- What's the secret behind cultivating an entrepreneurial mindset?
- How does one enhance the longevity of a family business?
- How to experiment with intrapreneurship at a legacy business?
- How can family businesses participate in the 4th Industrial Revolution?
- How do high-net-worth families go unicorn hunting?
- What's the one business opportunity an 18-year-old should work on today?
- How do family business groups approach succession planning and income splitting?
- Should family businesses be professionally managed with promoters solely being owners and not operators?
- Why do family businesses treat their workforce differently compared to corporations?
- How should family business groups approach diversification?
About egomonk: Website | Insights | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
egomonk is an impact publisher delivering asymmetric outcomes by bringing organizations closer to the communities they want to serve and the leaders they wish to influence.
About Sartaj Anand: Website | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Sartaj Anand is a proven entrepreneur and thought leader with a decade of experience spanning management consulting, social impact and media. He has an unreasonable dream to positively impact 1 Billion human lives within his lifetime and enables individuals and organizations to create exponential impact globally.