Reaching Today’s Jurors with Angelo Spyratos
On this episode, Maxwell Goss talks with Angelo Spyratos, a leading insurance defense attorney and founder of Spyratos Davis in Chicago, Illinois. Angelo has tried more than 40 cases to verdict, and is an accomplished author and speaker. Angelo provides his defense perspectives on personal injury trials and shares some of his secrets for reaching today's jurors.
“We try to mitigate the damages for our client. We try to assess them and say this what you’re looking at and then work like the dickens to try to minimize the exposure that a client might have in what is probably the worst point in their lives.”
- 00:19 – Introduction
- 02:40 – Angelo Spyratos's insurance defense practice
- 06:49 – Angelo's commitment to trial advocacy
- 08:51 – A recent wrongful death case that Angelo handled
- 16:31 – Dealing with today's jurors
- 28:24 – Advice on examining experts at trial
- 32:55 – Further observations on today's jurors
- 39:27 – Angelo's advice to defense attorneys
- 43:14 – Where to find Angelo online
Angelo Spyratos is a Founding Member of SpyratosDavis LLC. For 25 years he has concentrated his practice in civil litigation defense, with over 40 civil jury trials to verdict for his clients.
Angelo’s passion for his client’s interest allows him to serve as a trusted advisor and counselor in championing their cause before courts throughout the state. He has published numerous articles on trial practice and often serves as an author and presenter for continuing legal education.
Outside the practice, Angelo enjoys traveling, cooking, photography and tournament poker. He shares 3 of these 4 hobbies with his wife and two children.