Recorded for Awesomeness
Adrianne tries to order from a local sushi restaurant, but an unfamiliar voice answers, promising "awesomeness." Awesomeness for whom?
- 2:16 - “GrubHub is buying up thousands of restaurant web addresses. That means Mom and Pop can’t own their slice of the internet,” published June 28, 2019 by H. Claire Brown at The New Food Economy.
- 13:07 - Dark patterns
- 13:54 - A report about Munish Narula’s class action lawsuit from Nation’s Restaurant News
- 14:19 - “Restaurateurs across the country say they are waking up to a years-long, high-tech bamboozling by Grubhub involving hidden fees for orders that never happened,” reads the lede for The New York Post’s first story in a series on phony fees, May 19, 2019.
- 23:03 - “Grubhub repays one eatery $10K over fee protest,” published June 24, 2019 by The New York Post.
- 23:30 - Watch the full hearing, “The Changing Market for Food Delivery,” here.
- 32:17 - Grubhub and Yelp announced a “long-term partnership” in 2017
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store