Redeeming Heartache and Trauma
We will learn:
- How to become more self aware of the past trauma or pain that is influencing your present
- How to identify the lies we tell ourselves so we can heal
- How to move through and release big emotions
Have you ever found yourself asking, “Why did this happen to me?”
When we listen to guests of this show, authors of bestselling books, or public speakers, one thing is clear: they have figured out that “why”.
It seems so clear when they tell their stories. They usually seem to come full circle with the purpose or moral wrapped in a bow ready to be gifted to the world.
Here’s what I’ve learned though: it’s very rare to find the meaning behind your own experiences if you don’t actively look for it.
You have to do the work.
So how do we navigate the emotions that we have over everything that’s happened to us, to find real meaning? How do we begin to release our pain to build strength?
That’s what we’re talking about today. Our guests today are Dr. Dan Allender and Cathy Loerzel.
Dr. Dan is a professor of counseling psychology at The Seattle School and founder of The Allender Center. Cathy Loerzel, MA, is a speaker, instructor, as well as cofounder and executive vice president of The Allender Center.
Links from the episode:
- Show Notes: https://mindlove.com/198
- Sign up for The Morning Mind Love for short daily notes from your highest self.
- Get Mind Love Premium for exclusive ad-free episodes and monthly meditations.
- Support Mind Love Sponsors
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.