Reframing Problems with Thomas Wedell-Wedellsborg
As a leader of a team, you will most likely be asked to solve a problem. Thomas Wedell-Wedellsborg found that we often move into solution mode before thinking about whether we are solving the right problem. He and Kevin sit down to talk about problem-solving and more specifically about reframing the problem. During research for his latest book, What’s Your Problem?, Thomas found that 85% of companies said they often struggle to solve the right problems. As a leader, you don’t have weeks or even days to resolve issues, and we need to be quicker solving the right problem first. Thomas shares examples and tips to help master the skill of reframing because to solve some of your toughest problems, you need to change the problem you solve.
In this episode, Thomas discusses 1. The importance of reframing. 2. Ways to reframe. 3. Role of team members in reframing.
This episode is brought to you by...
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- What's Your Problem?: To Solve Your Toughest Problems, Change the Problems You Solve by Thomas Wedell-Wedellsborg
- Upstream: The Quest to Solve Problems Before They Happen by Dan Heath
- Think Like a Rocket Scientist: Simple Strategies You Can Use to Make Giant Leaps in Work and Life by Ozan Varol
- Invisible Solutions: 25 Lenses that Reframe and Help Solve Difficult Business Problems by Stephen M. Shapiro
- The Age of Living Machines: How Biology Will Build the Next Technology Revolution by Susan Hockfield
- Connect with Thomas Wedell-Wedellsborg: