Regeneration: The Key To Healing Humans And The Planet with Paul Hawken
Most people are overwhelmed when it comes to the thought of climate change, which is preventing us from taking action. An estimated 92% of people are disengaged from the topic and feel they don’t know what to do. But today, I want to share some good news with you that will leave you feeling hopeful instead of hopeless in terms of saving our planet. Just like we use Functional Medicine to get to the root cause of disease in our bodies, we can come up with an actionable, results-oriented plan when we look at the root cause of our climate crisis. On this episode of The Doctor’s Farmacy, I was thrilled to sit down with Paul Hawken to talk about his framework for healing the planet in a way that dramatically changes the outlook of our world for future generations.
Paul Hawken starts ecological businesses, writes about nature and commerce, and consults with heads of state and CEOs on climatic, economic, and ecological regeneration. He has appeared on numerous media including the Today Show, Talk of the Nation, Bill Maher, CBS This Morning, Charlie Rose, and others, and his work has been profiled or featured in hundreds of articles including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Newsweek, Washington Post, Forbes, and Business Week. He has written eight books, including five national and New York Times bestsellers: Growing a Business, The Next Economy, The Ecology of Commerce, Blessed Unrest, and Drawdown, The Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming.
He is the founder of Project Drawdown, which worked with over two hundred scholars, students, scientists, researchers, and activists to map, measure, and model the one hundred most substantive solutions that can cumulatively reverse global warming. He is the founder of Regeneration.org, and his latest work, Regeneration, Ending the Climate Crisis in One Generation, was just released.
This episode is brought to you by ButcherBox, BiOptimizers, and Paleovalley.
For a limited time, new subscribers to ButcherBox will receive ground beef for life. Sign up today and ButcherBox will send you 2 lbs of 100% grass-fed, grass finished beef free in every box for the life of your subscription. Just go to ButcherBox.com/farmacy.
You can try BiOptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough for 10% off by going to magbreakthrough.com/hyman and using the code HYMAN10. For a limited time, BiOptimizers is also giving away free bottles of their bestselling products P3OM and Masszymes with select purchases.
Paleovalley is offering 15% off your entire first order. Just go to paleovalley.com/hyman to check out all their clean Paleo products and take advantage of this deal.
Here are more of the details from our interview:
- Reframing the climate crisis from a focus on the problem to a focus on solutions and regeneration (8:00 )
- The current reality, speed, and impact of the climate crisis (14:29 )
- Solutions to cut energy emissions by 50% by 2028 (22:23 )
- What you can do in your own life to support the regeneration of our climate (31:30 )
- The role that governments and corporations are playing to promote solutions to the climate crisis at scale across the world (40:07 )
- Transforming our food and agricultural systems for regeneration of the climate (50:00 )
- Regeneration of human society and natural environments (1:00:32 )
- The economics of regeneration and regenerative practices (1:03:57 )
- Why the climate problem is not a science problem but a human problem (1:19:09 )
- Ending the climate crisis in one generation (1:27:17 )
Get a copy of Regeneration: Ending the Climate Crisis in One Generation at https://www.amazon.com/Regeneration-Ending-Climate-Crisis-Generation/dp/0143136976/
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.