Relationship Based On Thanksgiving
Being thankful is not always easy, it is a learned response
Giving thanks places God in control over your life
Thanksgiving to God shows that you trust Him
• “He is enthroned upon the praises of Israel”
• Do not forget to give thanks for what you have already received
• Being thankful is a form of worship
Grace After Meals is a Jewish tradition and here is a link to only one site of many for information:
Deuteronomy 8:10 NASB
When you have eaten and are satisfied, you shall bless the Lord your God for the good land which He has given you.
Ephesians 5:20 NIV
Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Proverbs 29:18 a KJV
Where there is no vision, the people perish
Matthew 26:26 ESV
Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.”
Hebrews 11:6 NKJV
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Proverbs 3:5, 6 NLT
5. Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
6. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.
Revelation 6:1-8; Zechariah 6:1-8
The “4 horsemen” of the apocalypse
Luke 21:28 BLB
“ And of these things beginning to come to pass, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”
Philippians 4:6 NASB 1977
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
• In giving thanks it gives Him control
• But even greater should our thanksgiving be when we receive it
• You cannot really have a thankfulness for everything unless you really have learned to trust in the Lord
Being thankful in all things is an expression of our worship to the Father, he is directing our paths more than we are aware of usually.