Reliability as a Service
Alex Hidalgo (@ahidalgosre, Director of SRE at @nobl9inc) talks about the evolution of SRE teams, implementing SLOs, and enabling AppDev and Ops teams to better manage reliability.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- Get started with the JumpCloud Directory Platform today
- Visit the JumpCloud Homepage. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a FREE JumpCloud T-Shirt.
- CBT Nuggets: Expert IT Training for individuals and teams
- Sign up for a CBT Nuggets Free Learner account
- Qumulo Homepage: Manage File Data at Scale, Anywhere
- Test Drive Qumulo: Try Qumulo for free, no downloads or setup required
Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Congratulations on the launch of Nobl9. Before we get into that, let’s talk about your background and what got you focused on SREs and SLOs.
Topic 2 - We’ve spoken about the role of SRE quite a bit the last few years, but not as much about SLOs - and how to achieve them. Paint us some broad brush strokes about the world of SLOs today, and how they are different from SLAs or other commonly used measurements and metrics.
Topic 3 - So how do we start taking the SLO concepts and start making them actionable?
Topic 4 - How does a move to a SLO-centric model change the AppDev or the Ops teams?
Topic 5 - Is there a “low-hanging fruit” in an adoption of SLO-centric capabilities, or does it take quite a bit of top-down and bottom-up change?
Topic 6 - What’s a good way to get started with the Nobl9 platform?
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet