Remote Done Well: Dr. Tricia Berry shares her 16-year journey of remote work-life balance. Leadership of people, positive-intent email communication, family, fitness, food and productivity guide!
TUNE IN TO LEARN:
- The leadership of people that we all can learn from working remotely, in the office or hybrid;
- Remote makes the world more inclusive, more diverse, bigger, and more connected with many more opportunities to look at life and work from many more perspectives - people bring their culture, their background, their experience to the remote world from everywhere without the need for us to relocate;
- Physical and psychological boundaries at home to make work-life balance work, from physical “zoning” of spaces to conversations with family, partners and roommates - how Tricia does it with her husband, who works online, kids in the house and all;
- How make your team work well in any environment? Communication! In the remote environment we need to put more effort into it since we can’t judge how everyone does by looking at them, working side by side, and having casual interactions;
- How Tricia approaches team management, team communication to help people open up, to build trust, to make sure any issues are addressed VS bottled up - the way she initiates conversations is what’s most profoundly different from many less successful managers of people;
- How Fitbit saved Tricia’s fitness when she went remote, and why morning workouts might be the best option;
- Tricia’s very chill and smart (all the coaches will be jealous) strategy to manage eating habits while working from home;
- Email communication mastery to keep the vibe positive and get things done faster;
- Tricia’s best advice on mental health strategies, which we all need to work on unless you are lucky to have Trisha’s husband (that she’s not willing to share)…
A CONVERSATION NOT TO MISS! ENJOY!
Tricia Berry, BIO:
Dr. Tricia Berry is the Associate Dean and Director of Clinical and Practicum Programs for Purdue University Global. She holds a Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a Specialization in Organizational Leadership from Northcentral University, a Master of Arts in Teaching and Learning from Kaplan University (now Purdue Global), and Bachelors’ degrees in both Occupational Therapy and Psychology from St. Ambrose University. She is also a Certified Diversity and Inclusion Specialist through the Academy to Innovate HR.
Trish is a member of several professional associations, including the American Association of Adult and Continuing Education, Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership, the International Leadership Association, the Association for Non-Traditional Students in Higher Education, and the American Association of Medical Assistants. She serves as the Director of AAACE’s Commission of Distance Learning and Teaching, is a board member for the Central Iowa Chapter of the Purdue Alumni Association, and serves on the editorial board for the Journal of Continuing Higher Education.
Produced by Angela Shurina,
Schedule our call HERE.
CERTIFIED NUTRITIONIST, BRAIN PERFORMANCE COACH
Nutrition + Neuroscience + Behavior Change
I help you use nutrition and lifestyle protocols, biohacking and space design as tools to unlock your brain genius and unlimited energy level, off-the-charts productivity🔥(Founders, business owners, distributed teams.)