Research On The Go
This episode is about mobile apps in research software engineering. Not surprisingly, there is an increasing demand for mobile apps by researchers. In this SORSE event from February 2021 I am talking to Adrian Harwood, Patricia Barnby and Mark Turner how their teams at the University of Manchester and the University of Newcastle deal with this.
We also talk about a subject that will sound very familiar to engineers developing mobile apps: native iOS, Android development or cross platform solutions such as React Native or Xamarin.
- The RSE Team at Uni. Manchester, UK https://www.itservices.manchester.ac.uk/research/
- The RSE Team at Uni. Newcastle, UK https://rse.ncldata.dev
- SORSE events 2020/2021 https://sorse.github.io
- Developing mobile apps with Xamarin https://dotnet.microsoft.com/apps/xamarin
- Developing mobile apps with ReactNative https://reactnative.dev
And of course native Android and iOS development:
- Android https://developer.android.com
- iOS https://developer.apple.com