Rethinking Success with Douglas Holladay
How do you define success? Is it the toys you own? Is it the relationships you have? Doug Holladay believes success is finding joy, meaning, and satisfaction on a profound level. Doug is founder and CEO of PathNorth, Georgetown University professor, former White House advisor, and the author of Rethinking Success: Eight Essential Practices for Finding Meaning in Work and Life. Kevin talks about the 3 O’s of leadership: Outcomes, Others, and Ourselves. Today he and Doug focus on the latter – ourselves. You can find your story when you reflect and acknowledge not only your strengths but where your blind spots and bias lie. Further, you can look to understand someone else’s story. Leaders can humanize the workplace and create a community where their team thrives.
This episode is brought to you by…
13 Days to Remarkable Leadership, a free leadership video series based on Kevin’s book, Remarkable Leadership.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- Rethinking Success: Eight Essential Practices for Finding Meaning in Work and Life by Douglas Holladay
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
- Passages: Predictable Crises of Adult Life by Gail Sheehy
- The Conservative Heart: How to Build a Fairer, Happier, and More Prosperous America by Arthur C. Brooks
- Connect with Douglas Holladay:
- Related Podcast Episodes:
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/