Rich Diviney | 5 Navy Seal Attributes To Overcome Any Obstacle And Achieve Optimal Performance
In today’s episode, we cover how to develop the confidence and fearlessness of Navy SEALS with Rich Diviney. Rich draws upon 20+ years of experience as a Navy SEAL Officer where he completed more than 13 overseas deployments. Since retirement in early 2017, Rich has worked as a speaker, facilitator, and consultant with the Chapman & Co. Leadership Institute and Simon Sinek Inc.
Anyone can learn a skill, but the same cannot be said for attributes—so what is the difference between skills and attributes, how do you develop the attributes you do have, and how can you identify what your strongest attributes are so you can lean into them and be successful?
What to Listen For
- Why did Rich Diviney want to be a Navy SEAL - 0:00
- How did Rich’s SEAL training prepare him for the chaos and uncertainty of the pandemic?
- Why is it important to train both the mind and body when it comes to developing resilience?
- How did military life prepare service persons for the pandemic - 11:10
- What is elemental human behavior and how does it drive you to act the way you do?
- What can you do to better understand what advice will actually help you and what advice will waste your time?
- How do you figure out the life best suited for you - 18:04
- What is the difference between skills and attributes and why is one more important in times of stress or uncertainty?
- What does it take to develop an attribute and can anyone develop any attribute?
- How can we create opportunities to develop attributes? - 25:24
- How do you know what attributes are worth developing and which ones are a waste of your time?
- What is the difference between narcissism and arrogance, and which one is actually good to have in healthy amounts?
- If you’re a narcissist, what can you do to mitigate it and keep it in control?
- What attribute is critical to problem solving? - 36:02
- How do Navy SEALS face their fears and what can you learn from how they do it?
- What can you do to develop your courage?
- Why is it important for everyone to develop their ability to take responsibility?
- What can you do to develop your confidence? - 48:26
- How do you define true confidence?
- What actually is fear and how do we develop the ability to work through it?
- How do Navy SEALS handle uncertainty and how can we apply it to everyday situations?
The world is in need of more individuals who can identify their strengths. If you know your strong points, then it will be much easier for you to find work that matches those talents and skills so that you are able to excel at what makes the most sense for YOU!
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Resources from this Episode
The Attributes by Rich Diviney
Check in with AJ and Johnny!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.