Rita Zuba Prokopetz: Building a learning community
Dr Rita Zuba Prokopetz is an educational consultant in Canada who has been teaching with portfolios for over a decade, most recently in a portfolio capstone course for a Master's in Education. Rita's research interests include reflection, feedback interaction, and community building during the development of capstone ePortfolio projects.
In this episode, Rita shares why she's working with Mahara as portfolio technology, and how the portfolio pedagogy has influenced her learners and herself.
Click through to the episode notes for the transcript. Transcription support provided by kris wehipeihana.
Connect with Rita
- Selected theory-to-practice articles
- Electronic Portfolios: Enhancing Language Learning, AePR 2018
- Professional Self-Development Mediated by ePortfolio: Reflections of an ESL Practitioner, TESL Canada Journal 2018
- Capstone Electronic Portfolios of Master’s Students: An Online Ethnography, 2019
- Uniqueness of ePortfolios: Reflections of a Creator, Curator, and User, AePR 2019
- Student Engagement and Reflective Learning Mediated by ePortfolios: Observations of an ESL Instructor, AePR 2020
- Electronic Portfolio: Enhancing Blended Learning Experiences in a Community of Language Learners in Blended Language Learning: Evidence-Based Trends and Applications, 2021
- Electronic Portfolio: Reflective Project in a Community of Language Learners, Irish JTEL 2021
- Electronic portfolios: Research Site in Internet Spaces, IJeP 2021
- A Reflection upon Capstone ePortfolio Projects and Their Alignment with Learning Theories, IJeP 2022
- English as a Second Language, Eportfolio Ireland 2022
- ePortfolio Pedagogy: Stimulating a Shift in Mindset, OTESSA Journal 2022
- Collaborative articles
- Hoven, D., Walsh, P., Al-Tawil, R., & Zuba Prokopetz, R.: Exploring professional development needs and strategies for instructors/faculty facilitating eportfolios online, Irish JTEL 2021
- Zuba Prokopetz, R., Patel, N., & Tran, C.: Innovative pedagogy in a time for change: Student & instructor perspectives of an ePortfolio, AePR 2022
- Recording of 'Introduction to Mahara' by Kristina Hoeppner, 2022, with the 5 C's model