Rob Greenlee: Podcasting for Everyone? – Why It’s Easier than Ever to Start Making a Podcast (AoL 122)
A lot of creatives want to have a podcast. In the past, it took a lot of work to get one off the ground - especially when you're talking about post production.
However, we're in 2018 and a lot has changed since the mid 2000's. Including the introduction and evolution of handheld digital devices - particularly phones and tablets.
In today's chat with Spreaker's Rob Greenlee, we reflect on what he had to do early in his career as a podcaster and how that has changed to today.
This is a conversation you don't want to miss if you are on the fence about starting your own podcast or already have one and want to know where the industry is going.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
* How did Rob first get started in podcasting before the word "podcasting" even existed? 10:05
* Did he always see himself as "made for radio"? 14:16
* How has podcasting becoming more accessible been key to it's development? 16:40
* What's some of things podcasters should be aware of in the future of the industry? 22:08
* Should people be focused on using podcasting as a marketing tool or an actual way to make an income? 26:44
* What's the ideal podcast length when getting started? 32:34
* Is mobile podcasting or live broadcasting something that new folks should try? 36:25
* Is there any specific equipment that someone would need if they chose to do Live Recording or Broadcasting? 39:16
* What's Rob looking forward to in the future? 44:35
* Who are 3 influencers who've helped him to where he's at today? 47:12
* What's something he's currently learning about? 49:24
* What's the smallest decision he's made that's had the largest impact on his life? 51:30
* What's the meaning of living a life of abundance? 51:58
Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer.
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Rob Online: Spreaker Live Show, New Media Show, Webtalk Radio, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram
Michael O’Neal Interview
Spreaker Studio Apps
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Creating Live Broadcasts at School
Booming Business of Podcasting
In an Age of On Demand - Is Live Worth It?
Ask the Podcast Coach Dave Jackson w/ Rob
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store