Rookies and Legends | Canadiens Connection ep 131
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Rick and Joe briefly recap the week of game action for the Montreal Canadiens. Check out the comprehensive post-game reviews for every game at AllHabs.net.
- Brendan Gallagher chosen as first star of the week by Joseph Whalen.
- Roster news - Joel Armia remains on the NHL's COVID protocol list but is out of quarantine. Ben Chiarot is skating on his own recovering from a fractured hand. Brendan Gallagher suffered a fractured thumb and will be out a minimum of six weeks. Gallagher has been placed on LTIR. Carey Price is out of the lineup with a lower-body injury, should return next week. Paul Byron was placed on waivers Friday.
- Habs prospect report - Canadiens signed forward Jan Mysak to a three-year, entry-level contract. Blake Biondi's UMD Bulldogs lost in semifinal to UMass, out of Frozen Four. Cole Caufield was named winner of the Hobey Baker Memorial Award. Cole Caufield made his pro debut for Laval in Toronto on Friday. Check out The Press Zone - Montreal.
- NHL News - Canucks announce that they expect to resume their season and play full 56-game schedule.
- With Monday's NHL trade deadline, what is the current state of the Habs? What are the Canadiens needs/issues?
Segment 2: Theo Fleury: We're All A Little 'Crazy'
- Rick and Amy Johnson have a special interview with Theo Fleury, NHL legend and Eric Kussin, sports executive. Along with Darren Rovell, sports business insider, they are hosts of We're All A Little "Crazy" presented by the #SameHere Global Mental Health Movement and The Hockey Podcast Network.
- Former Calgary Flames forward Theo Fleury describes the incredible experience of winning a Stanley Cup in 1989 on Montreal Forum ice beating the Canadiens 4-2. Who was his family cheering for?
- We only just scratched the surface of this topic with Theo and Eric. This compelling conversation continues in a special bonus episode of the Canadiens Connection due out on Monday! Watch for it!
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- All Habs Fantasy Hockey Update
- Special guest host next week: Amy Johnson
- Listener's calls and text
Canadiens Connection On Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Get The Canadiens Connection!
Search for “Canadiens Connection” from Rocket Sports Radio on your favorite podcast app and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on apps including:
And don't be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!