Running as Reward vs. Punishment | Sophia Nehlich-Arobba
Sophia Nehlich-Arobba is a Lifestyle Coach and Personal Trainer whose mission is to help people find meaning not just during the highs of their lives, but in the lows as well. She loves sharing her own health, wellness, and self-development journey on her podcast, Flow With the Grow, in hopes that others might relate and take aligned actions on the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual levels.
Sophia fell in love with running right out of the gates in middle school, but during high school and college it gradually became a form of punishment and a way to drop weight. In this episode we discuss many sensitive topics including disordered eating, food restriction, over-exercising, amenorrhea, and body dysmorphia. Sophia shares how finding a good therapist and engaging in personal development were integral in shifting her mindset, rediscovering her love of movement and being grateful for her body. It’s truly incredible what a transformation she has gone through … all before the age of 30.
Connect with Sophia:
Resources we discussed in the episode:
- Deadwood Mickelson Trail Marathon in South Dakota
- Our interview with Brandy Adolphe (episode 52)
- Favourite Mantra: Find the joy in your journey
- Favourite Place to Run: Anywhere in nature with mountains, trees, waterfall
- Bucket List Race: Hawaii or another country
- Favourite Running Movie: Prefontaine
- Favourite Post Run Indulgence: Chocolate milk, cheeseburger, fries
Connect with Carolyn & Kim: