S1 E10 | Dealing With Anxiety
When hurtful circumstances happen, we wonder, “How will I ever get over this?” Lysa TerKeurst deeply understands that feeling. Since the release of her book “It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way,” she’s received hundreds of emails, direct messages on social media and inquiries from people asking her how she got through one of the hardest seasons of her life.
The goal of the Therapy & Theology podcast is to meet you in the middle of your hurt and give you biblical answers on how to move through it. In this episode, you’ll hear a conversation between Lysa TerKeurst and her personal, licensed professional counselor, Jim Cress, as well as Proverbs 31 Ministries Director of Theological Research Dr. Joel Muddamalle. Together they will unpack depression and anxiety, helping you identify triggers and learn how to combat anxiety in a healthy way.
After listening, you’ll learn how to …
- Overcome the feeling that you’ll never get over the hurt you’re facing, and recognize small steps you can take to get through the hurt, little by little.
- Replace the negative stigma of “therapy” by gaining a healthy, biblical view of counseling for your situation.
- Find hope in the midst of devastating circumstances by seeking restoration for yourself through prayer and proven exercises to help you process your pain.
A note from Proverbs 31 Ministries: This podcast contains content that might not be suitable for young children and may serve as a trigger due to circumstances in your past. Please see the links below if you need help finding a counselor.
- Want more wisdom as you navigate hard relationship dynamics? Find practical next steps, powerful scriptures and timely guidance on how to set realistic, healthy boundaries in Lysa TerKeurst's new book, Good Boundaries and Goodbyes. In the pages of this book, Lysa's personal counselor, Jim Cress, also provides therapeutic insight surrounding the topic of boundaries, helping you confidently apply what you read. Order the Proverbs 31-exclusive version here.
- Ready to take a personal next step in finding a Christian counselor? The American Association of Christian Counselors is a great place to find the right fit for you and your circumstances.
- Has the Therapy & Theology podcast helped you personally gain a fresh, biblical perspective for what you’re facing? Tell us about it by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. When you review and rate the podcast, it helps us reach even more people with biblical Truth and therapeutic wisdom.
Click here to view the transcript for this episode.