S2 E6 – How The Hell Do We Keep Up With Algorithms?
Preroll Ad: This business book is excellent: Tiny MBA (https://socl.bz/tinymba) – Tweet length business snippets from a business innovator in Philadelphia with more than 15+ years of business experience.
Seth: Hey, Everyone, and welcome to the sixth episode of the second season of the Digital Marketing Dive Podcast. I’m Seth with Goldstein Media, and with me as always is the amazing and talented Shannon of DIAM Business Consulting.
Shannon, you ready to rock?
How do we stay up with all the changes to the algorithms across the web? From Google to Facebook, to Instagram to Linkedin. Everyone of these sites has an algorithm. Learning and staying on top of the changes can be a full time job.
What is a person to do?
Read, read, read. You follow it or you hire someone to do it for you. Do what you’re good at and hire for the rest.
Links To Resources We Talked About:
- Google just realized a December Algorithm + This Article
- StoopInbox → A great way to consume newsletters. This is how Seth stays up on all the Algo changes
- Follow leaders in the spaces that affect you on Twitter.
- SearchLiaison on Twitter → Google’s outward facing account to announce things like an algorithm change.
- Seth’s SEO Twitter list
- Insights On Marketing post about the Google algorithm update
Shout Out (Ad)
- Breesy Masks – Silver-Nano Protection, Breathable, Lightweight, Fog-Free
- Xchange: Most Protective. 5 layers of protection with silver-nano technology.
- Sports: Most Breathable. 2 layers of protection with silver-nano technology.
- Link: https://socl.bz/masks
Seth and Shannon’s Recommendations
- BrowserStack — This web app has saved me so much time with cross-browser and device testing. It’s great!
- Improved Together — LinkedIn resource to promote content effectively.
Seth: Well, that was so much fun Shan.
Shannon: It was great!! Reach out to us on DMD’s social media channels and let us know what challenges you are having with digital marketing.
I want to shout out to Breesy Masks for keeping us covered in the craziness of 2020. These are by far the most comfortable masks I’ve worn. They are lightweight and moisture-wicking for a cool and comfortable experience. Check them out. The link is in the show notes!
Seth: This season is going to be great! I want to thank Castos. They are the podcast hosting we use. Check them out at https://socl.bz/castos and give them a try and support Digital Marketing Dive.
If you’re enjoying the season, please feel free to give us a review in Apple Podcasts or the podcast directory of your choice. We appreciate all the support. If you feel so inclined checkout PodChaser and give us a review there!