S2 Ep. 6: Portraits of Resilience
Daniel Jackson is an MIT professor and award-winning photographer who edited an extraordinary collection: Portraits of Resilience pairs images and first-person accounts of MIT community members who have struggled with mental health issues. We dig deeply into Judaism's powerful psychological and spiritual resources for resilience, particularly for those grappling with the isolation and shame that can come with depression.
This podcast is produced by Reconstructing Judaism. Visit us at ReconstructingJudaism.org.
Special Guest: Daniel Jackson.
- Portraits of Resilience — At once a photo essay and a compendium of life stories, Portraits of Resilience brings us face to face with twenty-two extraordinary individuals, celebrating the wisdom they have gained on the front line of a contemporary battle. With astonishing honesty and openness, they describe their experiences of depression and anxiety; how they endured their darkest moments and ultimately found purpose and meaning in their struggles.
- Portraits of Resilience (Amazon link)
- Daniel Jackson Photography
- Professor Daniel Jackson
- Ritualwell: 10 Jewish Mental Health Resources
- Need help with mental health?