S2E11: EAST is East: Nudging For Impact with Andy Samways from Unity Research School
The duo are joined by Andy Samways, Director of Research at the Unity Research School and Unity Schools Partnership, to discuss the importance of research in schools and how this can improve outcomes for children. Andy also discusses the EAST framework from the Behaviour Insights Team and how this can be used effectively to support school improvement: Easy, Attractive, Social and Timely.
Don't miss Andy's confession where we discover being prepared is only one key principle in teaching........having the right classroom also helps!
Research links from this Podcast:
- Quick read blog: Nudging for Change and Impact - Establishing new habits, routines and approaches for school affected by the Covid-19 crisis
- ... which referenced this EEF guide to supporting school planning: a tiered approach to 2020-21 and Behaviour Insights EAST framework
- Longer read blog outlining: Putting evidence to work: 5 EEF resources we’ve been using amid challenging times
- Link to Unity Research School website, including communication/training events
- sign up to our free monthly e-newsletter
- Follow Unity on Twitter @UnityResSch
- EEF guidance report: Putting Evidence to work: a school's guide to implementation
- EEF guidance report: Metacognition and self-regulated learning
Subscribe to the podcast and never miss an episode:
Instagram: The Brick In The Wall Podcast