S3 Ep. 12: Writing Ourselves into the Book of Life — The High Holidays and Choosing Life
At this extraordinary High Holiday season, so many people are experiencing losses of many kinds. We speak with Rabbi Margot Stein about the lessons she learned about resilience while navigating profound loss -- the death of her eldest son, Aryeh. We discuss the practices that sustain her, and explore how Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur invite us to choose life, in many ways, again and again.
This podcast is produced by Reconstructing Judaism. Visit us at ReconstructingJudaism.org.
Special Guest: Rabbi Margot Stein.
- A Mother’s Memorial Meditation On Life And And Death - U’netaneh Tokef 5776 — This is a sermon delivered by Rabbi Margot Stein at Congregation Mishkan Shalom Philadelphia, PA on September 15, 2015, in honor and memory of her son Aryeh Stein-Azen, z”l.
- MIRAJ ~ A Capella Jewish Women's Voices for Sacred Times
- High Holiday Materials for 2020/5781 | Reconstructing Judaism — A rich collection of creative materials for High Holidays 2020, including more than 40 pieces of original music
- Council for Relationships - Philadelphia Area Therapy for Couples, Families and Individuals - Council for Relationships
- The Middleton Center — An open and welcoming place, The Middleton Center for Pastoral Care and Counseling invites people from all and no faith backgrounds to enhance the connections between body, mind and spirit. The Middleton Center combines best practices in spiritual and psychological care with a spirit of hospitality.