S3E3 Through the Lens of a Product Manager - Discussion on Why Writers Matter! with Bill Glynn
In this episode, Bill Glynn shares with us some interesting insights on his background as a product manager, and what collaboration looks like from his perspective. We dive into these questions to understand the big picture and what is at stake:
- What is product management in a broad sense?
- What are the ways in which product managers and technical communicators collaborate?
- What can happen if there is a breakdown in this collaboration among the stakeholders?
- What happens when stakeholders, such as product management, technical communication, marketing, UX, and developers are not given a seat at the table?
- What should a company consider for a good customer experience?
- Is collaboration better with waterfall or agile? Should there be a preference?
Bill Glynn has over twenty years of experience in product management utilizing waterfall, agile/scrum, and kanban processes to develop hardware and SaaS-based products for service providers and large-scale enterprise customers around the world. Bill earned his undergraduate software engineering degree from UMASS Boston and his MBA from Boston College. You can connect with Bill on LinkedIn.
Audio Engineer - Raymond Joseph (RJ) Basilio