Sabriel by Garth Nix
Join our host Gabi with guest speaker Kat in the fourth episode of Chat YA Up! where we read young adult books and then review them for you!
For more information, follow us on Instagram & Facebook and don't forget to check out Library at Home!
Our fourth episode is Sabriel by Garth Nix.
The Old Kingdom is a place of free magic, necromancers and ancient spirits bound to elemental forces. Who will guard the living when the dead arise?
Sabriel has spent most of her young life far away from the magical realm of the Old Kingdom, and the Dead that roam it. But then a creature from across the Wall arrives at her all-girls boarding school with a message from her father, the Abhorsen - the magical protector of the realm whose task it is to bind and send back to Death those that won't stay Dead. Since the demise of the Royal Family the Dead have become stronger and more fearless, and now it seems their forces are threatening to overwhelm the Old Kingdom. Sabriel's father has been trapped in Death by a dangerous Free Magic creature. He urges her to return to her homeland, and to discover who or what is behind this uprising.
Armed with her father's binding-bells and sword, she soon finds companions in Mogget, an ancient spirit bound into the body of a cat, and Touchstone, a young Charter Mage whom Sabriel frees from a long, magical imprisonment. As the three travel deep into the Old Kingdom, threats mount on all sides. And every step brings them closer to a battle that will pit them against the true forces of life and death - and bring Sabriel face-to-face with her own destiny.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (25-11-2020)
- Lenny's Book of Everything by Karen Foxlee (9-12-2020)
- After the Lights Go Out by Lili Wilkinson (23-12-2020)
- Sabriel by Garth Nix (6-1-2021)
- Small Spaces by Sarah Epstein (20-1-2021)
- Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman (3-2-2021)
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (17-2-2021)
- What I Like About Me by Jenna Guillame - This episode will include an interview with the author. (3-3-2021)
- Gap Year in Ghost Town by Michael Pryor (17-3-2021)
- Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman (31-3-2021)
- A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson (14-4-2021)
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (28-4-2021)