Sales Is Always Relationship Oriented Says Entrepreneur Adam Froman
Join The Five to make every sale.
- Almost 100 employees
- Ontario, Canada
- Early 90's got the bug for technology
- Spent time at Deloitte
- Launched in 1998
- Customer-centric digital strategy
- Lost 80% of his staff in 2000 when the dot-com bubble burst
- Got kicked into "special loans" twice by his banks during the 2002 and 2008 crashes
- May 2008 is "burned into his memory"
- In March 2009 he had 30 day's of payroll with 25 people
- He and his partners mortgaged their homes and made it because of their cashflow model
It's going to be bumpy if you want to grow."
- He's "bootstrapped" plus government grants
- Be careful online, i.e. Cambridge Analytica and Facebook
- There was a church and state between marketers and researchers
- Every touch point you give up info
- Programmatic advertising
- It's hard to get lists that are any good
- You need a strong profile of who your customers are
- What's your purpose? How can you help your customers solve their problems?
- What's your passion?
- Become a thought leader on platforms like LinkedIn
- It's going to be bumpy if you want to grow
- Sales is relationships
- How much do you really know about your customers?
- How much do you know about your competition?
- How much do you know about how your competition is marketing?
- Once you know this you'll know how to differentiate
- What percentage of the market do you have?
- What's your two-pronged sales approach to build consensus?
- You need to develop the proper language to speak the language your prospects are using
- Pull them in with great content
- With one profile you can overlay it on other databases
- What trade shows should you go to?
- Create a lead generation engine
- Data is the new oil
- Engage and inform. Educate.
- Translate to content for the client
- White paper
- Help your prospects understand how the industry will transform in the future
- In the old days the ad agencies got all the attention while the direct marketers were 2nd class citizens...but they rule now
- Customer-centric digital experiences
- Use data to make better decisions
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store