Sarah Abedi, M.D. - TREAT California: A Historic Psychedelic Ballot Initiative
In this episode of the Psychedelic Podcast, Paul F. Austin welcomes Dr. Sarah Abedi to share her journey from conventional emergency medicine to psychedelic healing and advocacy.
Find episode links, summary, and transcript here: https://thethirdwave.co/podcast/episode-206-sarah-abedi-md/
Dr. Abedi discusses the need for a paradigm shift in modern healthcare, incorporating indigenous and integrative modalities to create a holistic healing approach. She highlights TREAT California, a citizen-led ballot initiative aimed at funding an expansive psychedelic ecosystem with $5 billion. Dr. Abedi explores the initiative’s focus on research, education, access, and treatment, emphasizing its potential to bring psychedelic healing into the mainstream zeitgeist.
This thoughtful conversation delves into the distinctions between Western medicine and psychedelic wisdom, envisioning a new healthcare model that bridges the gap and guarantees access for all.
Sarah Abedi, M.D.:
Sarah Abedi, M.D. is an emergency medicine physician and facilitator of psychedelic clinical research trials.
She is the Chief Medical Officer and Advocacy and Impact Officer for TREAT California, an initiative aimed at creating a $5B funding agency in the state to support research, education, training, and access. As a psychedelic facilitator, Dr. Abedi is also part of Pacific Brain Health’s Treatment & Research In Psychedelics Program (TRIP). She has completed training at the Center for Psychedelic Therapies and Research at California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) and is certified as a Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) MDMA-Assisted Therapist. Dr. Abedi is the co-founder of the integrative mental health institute Onea.
- Dr. Abedi’s journey from conventional medicine to psychedelic healing.
- The TREAT California ballot initiative.
- TREAT Initiative's path to holistic healthcare in California.
- Dr. Abedi’s experience as a facilitator of psilocybin clinical trials.
- The opportunity to bridge old institutions with new psychedelic paradigms.
- Nature’s role in modern healing.
- Exploring low-dose psychedelics for healing & spirituality.
- Dr. Abedi’s work with TREAT.
- Envisioning an integrated psychedelic healthcare model.
- Dr. Abedi’s desire to do healing work in her homeland of Iran.
- How to connect with Dr. Abedi.
- TREAT California: https://www.treatcalifornia.org
- Onea Health: https://www.oneahealth.com/
- TREAT California on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/treatcalifornia/
These show links may contain affiliate links. Third Wave receives a small percentage of the product price if you purchase through the above affiliate links.