Scaling A Business with Robin Throckmorton
This week Mike is back and he is talking to Robin Throckmorton about being an entrepreneur. If you own a business you don’t want to miss this one. Robin is the Founder and President of Strategic HR. She shares her insights and lessons learned about starting as a solo-prenuer, and how she scaled her business to 18 employees.
- How she got the guts to go out on her own to have flexibility as a young professional and a new mom (6:20 )
- The gender and age bias she faced and what she did to build credibility (9:35 )
- How she reacted to someone telling her his client wouldn’t work with her because she is female and too young (10:25 )
Robin did not let discrimination set her back. In fact, she says, it pushed her to get involved with more leadership programs centered around empowering women. (12:18 )
Mike and Robin discuss the challenges of scaling a business, and share these tips:
- How to find the right advisors (19:04 )
- How to let go of control (20:40 )
- The book and the team building activity transformed her business (21:35 )
Mike and Robin then switch gears to discuss the challenges of finding balance as a leader of a business. Listen NOW to get tips on how they maintain the fine line of balancing work and life well. (23:00 )
Double Double: How to Double Your Revenue and Profit in 3 Years or Less – by Cameron Herold (commision link)
As an Amazon Associate, TMI earns commission from qualifying purchases.