Science, Stress, Long Distance Running, Startups and Small Business. - May 27, 2019
Smash Notes update for week 22 of 2019, in no particular order.
- Business: Have you heard of a company called One Month? They are a Y Combinator company that sells coding courses, with the aim to go from zero to completion in just one month. Here co-founder Chris answers a question on How do you price a product, subscription vs. one time pay? If you are running an online business or are thinking of doing a code school, he's got a good point.
- Science: Bill Nye the Science Guy has a new podcast, called Science Rules? To be honest, I wanted to like it, but I am not a fan yet. It is very entertaining, but it also lacks in the scientific part, a lot. That said, he did have an important answer to question - Do you have to be smart to understand science?
- Education: If you follow tech scene, you might know that Geoff Ralston has been promoted to the President of Y Combinator. Geoff came to my podcast about a year ago and had some fun stories to share. He is very focused on educational startups, and we talked a lot about the future of education and technology. Here's his insight on Stress and IQ. If you have children who are taking tests, you might want to hear this.
- Entrepreneurship: Abby Walker is a solo entrepreneur who is choosing to run her company by herself. No employees, no problems! I thought it was a very refreshing take on business in the time when "Unicorn Startups" are dominating the press.
- Health and Fitness: Some of you may know that I love running and have switched from road to trail running in the past couple of year. Scott Jurek is kind of a hero in ultra running world, and he's also the author of a book called "Eat & Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness." If you like running, or considering being vegan, you should check out this book, it's very good. Scott came on my friend's podcast to talk about running, and setting a record time on Appalachian Trail. Do you lose your mind during long ultra races?
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store