Scoring voice experiences with Joel Beckerman
This week, Dustin Coates and I discuss the importance of sound design in voice experiences with the founder of Man Made Music, Joel Beckerman.
Where to listen
Sound design for voice experiences
Man Made Music were voted the third most innovative company in music, behind Apple and Spotify. Its founder; author and composer, Joel Beckerman, has scored experiences for the worlds most iconic brands, including AT&T, Disney, Nissan, Mercedes, Southwest Airlines and IMAX, to name a few.
On this episode, Joel joins us to discuss:
- The importance of scoring experiences, such as theme parks and electric cars
- Branding opportunities within sound design
- Sonic cues and subtlety
- User centric sound design
- What's missing from most voice experiences?
- What happens when you recreate the sound scapes for three Alexa skills?
- Are smart speakers changing audio branding?
- What's involved in creating a sonic identity?
- The importance of a brand anthem
- How brands can get started with sonic branding for voice assistants
- What will the future sound like?
Visit the Man Made Music website
Check out Joel's book: The Sonic Boom: How Sound Transforms the Way We Think, Feel and Buy
Visit Joel's website
Follow Man Made Music on Twitter
How to use sonic branding in voice with Eric Seay
4 ways to take your voice strategy to the next level
Building an assistant on an assistant with Nick Carey
Talk to me with James Vlahos
TechNOVA Voice 2019: Voice 101 opening talk
Inside Voice with Kane Simms and James Poulter
Anything world with Gordon Midwood
Voice first brand strategy with James Poulter
VUX Voiceboard | A voice design workshop blueprint
Designing story-telling robots with Amy Stapleton
All about voice UX research with Chris Geison
Dialogue design and 2018 review with Rebecca Evanhoe
Emotional intelligence with Sina Kahen