Scott Omelianuk - Elevated Entrepreneurship: Psychedelics & the Evolution of Leadership
Scott Omelianuk, Editor-in-Chief of Inc. Business Media, joins the Psychedelic Podcast to examine the intersection of entrepreneurship, mental health, and psychedelics.
Find episode links, summary, and transcript here: https://thethirdwave.co/podcast/episode-202-scott-omelianuk/
Scott and Paul F. Austin emphasize the importance of supporting founders' mental well-being and how psychedelics can play a role in reducing stress and enhancing mindfulness. Scott openly shares his personal struggles, revealing the profound impact of psychedelic therapy that surpassed years of talk therapy. By embracing mental health challenges, Scott believes leaders can overcome pressures, uncertainties, and isolation, enabling them to become their best selves.
The conversation envisions psychedelics as tools to foster human connection and long-term thinking, ultimately cultivating a more conscious and compassionate mindset among entrepreneurs.
Scott Omelianuk is the Editor-in-Chief of Inc. Business Media. He has built a reputation for defining culture and using it to the advantage of clients and benefit of consumers.
Honored with the Ad Age A-List, Idea of the Year award, and a Media Vanguard Award, Scott is known as a marketing and branding expert and champion of entrepreneurial thinking within the enterprise and small business.
A professor of marketing and innovation and an entrepreneur-in-residence at the Stevens Institute of Technology, a U.S. News & World Report “Top 25 Innovation School,” Scott has repositioned Inc., the preeminent voice of entrepreneurship, to reflect the needs of today’s founder, with inspiration, information, and instruction, as well as community.
As an author, investor, founder, and patent holder, Scott has been profiled or served as an expert source for the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Ad Age, AdWeek, CNN, the BBC, NHK, NPR, CNBC, MSNBC and dozens of other newspapers, blogs, and broadcast outlets around the world.
- Scott’s personal drive to explore psychedelics.
- Inc.’s reason for writing about leadership struggles & mental health issues.
- Lessons psychedelics can teach business leaders.
- Scott’s professional path to becoming Editor-in-Chief at Inc.
- The challenges of maintaining a long-term vision in a capitalist world.
- Scott’s reflection on the state of the psychedelic renaissance.
- The importance of keeping a beginner’s mind in the early stages of the movement.
- Scott’s take on microdosing vs. macrodosing.
- Scott’s personal and professional outlook.
- Scott on Twitter: https://twitter.com/scottomelianuk
- Scott’s Editor Letter from the current Inc. issue about his experience: https://www.inc.com/magazine/202303/scott-omelianuk/the-journey.html
- Episode 95: Tucker Max - Healing Emotional Trauma, Embracing Personal Responsibility: https://thethirdwave.co/podcast/episode-95-tucker-max/
- Episode 157: Keith Ferrazzi - The Future of Work: Psychedelics, Co-Elevation, and Radical Adaptability: https://thethirdwave.co/podcast/episode-157-keith-ferrazzi/
- CURED Nutrition's Serenity Gummies. Get 15% off by using coupon code “THIRDWAVE” at checkout.