Season 2 Episode 4: Making Good Decisions: How Professionals use the Safe & Together Model Critical Components to help adult and child survivors
What do practitioners need to pay most attention to in domestic violence cases involving children? What kind of evidence do courts need to hear evidence if they want to make good decisions related to custody and access? The Safe & Together's Model 5 Critical Components is the foundational guide to domestic violence-informed assessment and decision -making. The Mapping Tool, Pivoting to the Perpetrator and other tools and techniques all derive from these Critical Components.
In this episode, David and Ruth dive into the each of those Critical Components including:
- the history behind their development
- how they can help drive systems change
- how their application can prevent victim blaming
- how they allow practitioners to consider important factors like cultural trauma without allowing it be an excuse for perpetration
Learn more about the Critical Components:
- Foundational Elearning: "Safe & Together: An Introduction to the Model"
- Comprehensive Elearning: "Safe & Together Model CORE Training"