Secret to Weight Loss Without Losing Muscle - Dr. Donald Layman
I'm excited to sit down with Dr. Donald Layman. We talk about the role of protein in weight maintenance, amino acids, and much more. Make sure to listen to the full interview to learn more about the details.
Dr. Donald Layman is a professor Emeritus in the Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
With over 120 published studies, he is internationally recognized for his research on dietary protein and amino acids. He has extensive research focused on muscle development and studies of metabolic regulation for obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease. He is widely sought as a keynote speaker at professional meetings, medical conferences, and as a consultant to major food companies.
We discuss the following:
- About Dr. Donald Layman
- Thoughts on the recommended daily allowance of protein
- How much should we be eating as we age?
- 4 levels of protein
- The role of protein in weight maintenance
- Eating lean protein meats
- Thoughts on high morning blood sugar
- Thoughts on exercise
- Thoughts on amino acids
- The distribution of protein
- Protein shakes vs real meats
- Where to find Dr. Donald Layman
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://metabolictransformation.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/donlayman
- Dr. Layman’s research: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Donald-Layman
CHECK OUT MY BOOK, Carnivore Cure
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
**DISCLAIMER: I am only here to provide support as a nutritional therapy practitioner and I am not providing medical advice. I always recommend working with a team of holistic practitioners, including your PCP and a certified nutritional therapy practitioner. Do not self-diagnose. Always seek medical guidance when you have a medical condition.
Head over to paleovalley.com/nwj and get 15% off your first order. Promo code NWJ