Security Management & SIEM
Ariel Assaraf (@ArielAssaraf, CEO at @Coralogix) talks about the evolution of SIEM technologies, today's common use-cases, how SaaS migrations impact SIEM, and how AI/ML is improving functionality.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- Datadog Security Monitoring Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt.
- CloudAcademy -Build hands-on technical skills. Get measurable results.
- Get 50% of the monthly price of CloudAcademy by using code CLOUDCAST
- DivvyCloud - Achieve continuous security & compliance. Request a free trial today!
- DivvyCloud - The best mistakes are the ones that don’t happen. Learn how IaC offers preventive cloud security.
Topic 1 - Ariel, welcome to the show, tell us a little bit about yourself and how you got involved in the SIEM space?
Topic 2 - Let's start with some basics. SIEM (pronounced SIM with a silent E) or Security Information and Event Management isn’t new but it is the combination of a few different security trends. Explain to everyone your thoughts on the evolution of this industry and how we got here.
Topic 3 - How does it work and why is it important and what benefits? What are the primary use cases you see at Coralogix today?
Topic 4 - I have to ask the flip side, where are the rough edges and limitations typically?
Topic 5 - How does the trend towards migration of “as a service” offerings affect SIEM? What’s left to monitor?
Topic 6 - This sounds like an area where AI/ML could play a role as well, what advancements and trends do you see here?
Topic 7 - For listeners new to the topic, how can they get started and learn more?
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet