Selling a Home Care Agency - Expert Advice with Mark Kulik from The BRAFF Group (rebroadcast)
Mark Kulik is a 35-year health care veteran who has spend the last 13 years helping home care agency owners sell their businesses. Mark's company, The BRAFF Group only works with sellers, and his practice focuses on all aspects of home care agencies. The most important takeaway from this episode is that if you aspire to sell your agency now or at any time in the future, you should start to prepare now.
Mark walks us through the five points that agency buyers are looking for, as follows:
- Clean Financial Reporting: 3 years of accrual-style accounting records
- Key Performance Indicators: Be able to show the metrics you use to drive the business
- Staff: An exceptionally low caregiver turnover rate will raise your value
- Leadership Team: Buyers are looking at the horse AND the jockey(s)
- Referral Sources: Buyers want to see multiple referral sources
When asked how home care agency valuation is calculated (what your agency is worth), the answer was "It depends..." but then he gives a lot of details
Mark can be reached (in Atlanta - eastern time) on 770-955-1766 or at TheBraffGroup.com.
Home Care Heroes is produced and sponsored by Ankota - the Software for the Heroes of Home Care. We truly embrace the notion that caregivers and home care companies are heroes. Our top priorities simplicity, caregiver retention and outstanding service. Visit us at https://www.ankota.com.