Setting Goals and Achieving Them
Dr. Turner walks us through his five steps for effectively setting goals and achieving them. Establishing your goal and developing a plan are the steps most people are familiar with, but they are only part of the puzzle.
Do you have hope that it's actually possible to reach your goals? Do you have an emotional ‘why’ that is strong enough to carry you through to the end? Do you have a plan for dealing with the setbacks that will inevitably occur along the way?
Join Dr. Turner on this episode of Manna to discover the answers to those questions.
5 Key Takeaways:
* Hold-on to the hope that you can achieve what you set out to do. Believe in yourself and the possibility of a better tomorrow.
* Lay out a goal and state it as clearly as possible.
* Stoke your motivation, your ‘why,’ for the goal that you’ve set. This will help you take the necessary steps, especially the difficult ones.
* Create a plan to work toward the goal. Be detailed and scientific. “A goal without a plan is just a wish.”
* Resiliency: respond to setbacks with positivity and determination. They are inevitable and happen to everyone. Setbacks only become failures if you stop trying.
* The motivational video that broke the internet – Part 1
* The motivational video that broke the internet – Part 2
About Dr. Turner
Michael K. Turner, M.D., is a graduate of Stanford University, Harvard Medical School and The Mayo Clinic. He practices Integrative Medicine in his own national concierge practice, providing personalized approaches (including hormones, sleep, recovery, nutrition, supplements and exercise) to help people achieve their optimal state of health. Called “genuine”, “caring”, and “the best doctor in the world” by patients, he brings a high degree of empathy, trademark optimism, and a holistic approach to patient care. He brings a passion for excellence to everything he does. He believes in living and modeling a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
What would it feel like to be as healthy as you could possibly be?
This is a public episode. If you’d like to discuss this with other subscribers or get access to bonus episodes, visit drturner.substack.com/subscribe