Shame Shields and Making a Scene, with Susan Hyatt
This week I am sharing an archived episode, because ALL of us, including me, need to take a break every now and again. And I vowed to do just that this July. Today, I welcome you to listen to an oldie but goodie, my conversation with long-time friend, master certified life coach and as of this year, my coach, Susan Hyatt! Susan has been coaching for well over a decade and has thousands of fans, including Dr. Martha Beck and Maria Shriver!
One of the things that has won her many fans is the fact that this woman walks her talk. She’s used coaching techniques to drop 35 pounds, revitalize her marriage and uplevel her career.
We discuss a mishmash of topics including why body issues are holding women back from leading big lives, what we can do right now to make peace with our bodies, and why it’s so important to take big risks!
In this episode, you’ll also hear:
- Pay gap, not thigh gap: why body concerns are distracting us from our real work.
- Why you’ll only reap big rewards if you risk something.
- What's the #1 way to be successful in career and relationships?
- What does Susan mean when she says “make a scene”?
- What are the three shame shields?
- What is the antidote to shame?
- What's the one thing comes up over and over that stops us from playing big?
- If you want the best worthiness workshop what should you do?
Susan and I also touch on the necessity of feeling your feelings, even when it’s vulnerable and painful to do so and how to make a scene in your life. The subjects are deep, powerful and real but you’ll laugh along with us too. Enjoy!