Sharecroppers, Stepchildren, Ugly Ducks, and Jeff Sexton
Join The Five to make every sale.
- Are you a farmer or a hunter?
- Video views drop-off in the first 7 to 30 seconds
- People think the technology will do the work for them
- Technology + no sales system = frustration then failure
- Ryan Deiss
- Discovery content (Streaming is usually not great for this)
- Community content (Streaming can be great here)
- Email marketing is the red-headed stepchild of marketing
You're a sharecropper on social media."
- Radio in the B2B space may not be the ideal medium for you
- Targeted media can help with branding to get you on the shortlist in B2B
- Radio is great for ugly-duck businesses
- Gary Vaynerchuk had success on social media discussing wine
- You need to be entertaining to deliver a message
- "The plan is nothing but the plan is everything." Eisenhower
- If you wait until they need what you sell you have a credibility problem because they know you are trying to sell them.
- The short list...intuitive and reputation
- Prescription without diagnosis is malpractice
- Starting to put systems in place and scale
- May take 6-12 months to build name recognition
- "Advertising is a tax for businesses that are unremarkable." Seth Godin
- "Strong brands make for weak salespeople."
- "Marketing is just selling in print." Claude Hopkins
Use these resources to grow your sales:
- Sell More This Month
- Hire Better Salespeople
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Find Your Best CRM
- Join the Free Facebook Group
Check out early episodes of The Sales Podcast:
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store