Shari Davis Elevates Participatory Budgeting
Participatory budgeting is actually about connecting folks with the skills and resources to navigate and shape government. And so, for me, that is the most optimistic and the most important outcome of any participatory budgeting process.
A full transcript is available at www.democracyparadox.com.
Key Highlights Include
- A walk through the process of participatory budgeting with an example
- The history of participatory budgeting around the world
- An example of participatory budgeting in China
- The Role of Art in Democracy
- Next steps for Participatory Budgeting
Shari Davis leads the Participatory Budget Project as its Executive Director. They have over 15 years working in local government beginning in high school. And not long ago they were honored as an Obama Fellow.
"Why is Democracy Performing so Poorly" by Francis Fukuyama