Shepherd or Sheep – Who Am I Lord?
Is it possible to be a shepherd and a sheep at the same time?
Let’s look at Jesus as our example: washing the feet of the disciples, he
was as a sheep to the Father and a shepherd serving the disciples.
• We could be a sheep one day and a shepherd the next, then a
• Everything stems from being led of the Lord
• There really is no positioning in the Lord, no one is greater than
Romans 8:14 KJV
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of
Isaiah 11:6 BSB
The wolf will live with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with
the goat; the calf and young lion and fatling will be together, and a
little child will lead them.
John 10:27 NAB
My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
1 Corinthians 15:24 NASB
then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to our God
and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and
John 13:5 ESV
Then he poured water into a basin and began to wash the
disciples’ feet and to wipe them with the towel that was wrapped
• We can change daily
• One day you’re a shepherd, the next day you are a sheep
• Sometimes you are the leader; sometimes you’re the ones being led.
• Sometimes some little child could be a shepherd to you.
Even Jesus was submissive to His Father, and so should we be to those
whom He has given us to minister with. Let’s create a synergistic flow
that shows the Father that we are being obedient to John 15:12 :
“This is My commandment, that you love one another, jus as I have