Sheryl WuDunn Paints a Picture of Poverty in America and Offers Hope for Solutions
That's why all Americans should care. Because the cost of poverty is not just the cost to that person who is in poverty. It's a cost to all of society. We're all paying for people being jailed. We're all paying for extra costs in the legal system, in the police force, in the healthcare system.
A full transcript is available at www.democracyparadox.com.
Key Highlights Include
- Stories of Poverty and Inequality in America
- Challenges in America in Education, Health, and Well-Being
- Impact of Poverty on Children with an Explanation of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Collective Responsibility to Solve Social Problems
- Rethinking of Social Programs as Investments Rather than Outlays
Sheryl WuDunn is a pulitzer prize winning reporter, business executive, and the author of Tightrope: Americans Reaching for Hope (along with her husband Nicholas Kristof).
Tightrope: Americans Reaching for Hope - PBS Documentary Presented by Show of Force
Follow Sheryl on Twitter @WuDunn