SolarDuck founder & CEO Koen Burgers on how to prevent rookie mistakes as a founder.
Koen is the co-founder and CEO of Solarduck, the Dutch leader in offshore floating solar. He started his career as a management consultant, before he joined Damen Shipyards, where he was the Director Strategy and Business Transformation.
Koen is a member of The Economic Development Board of the Drecht Cities. And although his home is in Nijmegen, his office is… in… Rotterdam!
In this episode, we'll cover the following topics:
- Offshore floating solar;
- Starting a business in your forties;
- How to prevent rookie mistakes as a founder;
- People: Koen Burgers, Don Hoogendoorn, Mare Straetmans, Karlijn Gerris, Luuk Visser, Jonas Skattum Svegaarden, Joerek Kohutnicki, Peter Paul van Voorst tot Voorst
- Companies: SolarDuck, Damen Shipyards, Buienradar, Skoon, Blue Invest, Katapult VC, Link VC, TU Delft, TNO, Maritime Research Industry Netherlands, Deltares, RWE, Impuls Corporate Finance, Platform Zero
- Other: Article: “from Tiel to Tokyo: how Koen Burgers is scaling offshore solar power with Solarduck”, Nijmeegse 4-daagse
- Media: Podcast Episode 37 - Rebekah, Sunny Days van Armin van Buuren & Josh Cumbee