Solving Developers Security Challenges
Shira Shamban (@ShambanIT, CEO @SolvoCloud) talks about easily bringing security to CI/CD pipelines and software development, the rise of DevSecOps and "Shifting Left.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- CBT Nuggets: Expert IT Training for individuals and teams
- Sign up for a CBT Nuggets Free Learner account
- Qumulo Homepage: Manage File Data at Scale, Anywhere
- Test Drive Qumulo: Try Qumulo for free, no downloads or setup required
- Datadog Security Monitoring Homepage: Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt.
Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Tell us a little bit about your background, you have a very interesting journey starting in cybersecurity for the Isreal Defense Force all the way to CEO of a newly funded startup.
Topic 2 - The rise of CI/CD created some great benefits to software development, it also created some security challenges. Let’s start there, why do developers seem to have so many challenges with security, especially in production?
Topic 3 - Increasingly we hear about the concept of DevSecOps, you introduced the term “Shifting Left”. What does that mean and how does this relate to the larger concept of DevSecOps?
Topic 4 - When a developer pushes code, where is the friction from a security perspective? How does Solvo solve this problem as code is pushed and how do you integrate with the cloud providers to make sure a least-privilege model is used? You recently released a security tool for health checks of your cloud accounts? (link in the show notes)
Topic 5 - We recently raised your first round of funding completely remotely. Tell us about the experience and challenges you faced.
Topic 6 - You are passionate about empowering women and under-represented communities in our industry. Tell us about your ongoing partnerships with SheCodes, Cyber Ladies and other mentoring programs you are involved with.
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet