58. Sparkles On Top Of The Brain
- Elena is on the Topic Lords discord
- Tyriq is FourbitFriday everywhere
- What's the youngest age at which you can become the kind of old person you want to be
- Reborrowings: https://starkeycomics.com/2020/06/06/reborrowings/
- I made pork katsu for dinner and Winston pronounced it "pork costume" and I'm pretty sure that's it, that's peak dad experience and it's all downhill from here
- Stephen asks "Textual dialects. Range of timbre and tools available in punctuation, capitalization, emphasis and emojis. Apparently periods come off as assertive/rude to younger folks."
- The tone deafness test
- Whether complice is the opposite of accomplice.
- Intending to clean the fridge.
- A short but sweet plug that you manage to drag out of your guest.
- Thinking an early access game is dead when the developer is right there in your kitchen streaming making breakfast.
- Feeling too young to just go around handing out Werther's Originals.
- Whether at some age all your teeth fall out or whether they just decided once, in the 1950s maybe, that it's time to pull everyone's teeth.
- Whether the lady with twenty cats accrued the cats over the course of your life or just adopted twenty cats at once.
- Learning to regrow your teeth so you can change your teeth style every few months, like you can your hair.
- Transhuman augmentation of the teeth.
- Being sure that a pop culture concept doesn't exist in Japan because you didn't see it in that one Yakuza game you played.
- Sharpening your teeth to look like a cat.
- The world record for most permanent transformations to look like an animal.
- Whether dead people can still be the fastest person in the world.
- The world record for most permanent transformations to look like something other than an animal.
- How Stalking Cat decided to become a cat.
- Wanting to be more like a tiger and having your ears transplanted to the top of your head.
- Getting a job as a programmer to fund your body modification plans so you can be the old person you dream about being.
- Running plastic tubes from the fake ears on top of your head down to the place your ears used to be.
- The major themes of Stalking Cat's LiveJournal.
- Seeing someone's LiveJournal post saying just "I start shooting today" and wondering if you should be worried.
- Getting back to being old.
- Cultivating the witchy vibe when you're not really a witch.
- Not having any enormous flowing skirts any more because you moved across the country and they all caught the wind and flew out of the back of the car.
- Making a skirt out of chainmail and refusing to twirl it because a four year old lives in your house.
- Asking the manufacturer of your favorite towel whether they make bathrobes and they send back a one word email saying "no."
- Wanting to look like a dapper old man but hating fashion norms.
- Appropriating the parts of fashion that you like while subverting the idea that you're participating in the fashion hierarchy.
- Wanting to eventually look like a dapper old man and starting by buying one dapper sock.
- Wearing full plate armor to church or to court.
- Stalking Cat's profile page on wikifur.com
- The Romans enslaving so many Slavs that Slav becomes their word for it.
- All the different times that nature has evolved a tree.
- Palm trees not really being trees and just being weird grass.
- A plant deciding to get tall where the sun is and reinventing wood.
- Languages borrowing words from other languages and then giving them back after completely changing the meaning.
- Whether Italy has any Pizza Huts.
- Trying to cover a song by a singer with a weird accent and discovering that you need that weird accent for the song to work and deciding if you're willing to adopt the weird accent for your cover.
- English poetry that is too old.
- A two year old pronouncing pork katsu as "pork costume."
- Dressing your two year old in pork for Halloween like the tiny ham he is.
- Really giving somebody the pork costume.
- Realizing your best work is behind you when you haven't done anything notable.
- An entirely sideways mouth that has fallen off your face.
- Chekov's Book.
- A throne but you can poop in it.
- Hiding a piece of matzo somewhere in your house on Passover and eventually your house fills up with matzo.
- Yelling at your coworker for only using the "slight smile" emoji because they weren't happy enough.
- Image searching for the Unicode character "slight smile" and seeing a field of smiley faces that are just the classic yellow smiley, but then there's one that's this smirking douchebag.
- How autocorrect ought to be able to code switch based on who you're talking to and what you're talking about.
- Walking around the house and discovering that you can't use the word "okay" in the kitchen.
- Putting the sparkles on top of the brain.
- Trying to talk about bringing your head below something and autocorrect is like "did you mean: fucking"
- Youtube's automatic captioning now censoring swear words.
- Censoring swear words by replacing the word "shit" with a picture of shit.
- Whether the eggplant emoji would ejaculate from the stem end or the bulb end.
- Squeezing mayonnaise out of the stem end of an eggplant emoji squeeze bottle.
- The tone deaf and the tone hearing.
- Being surprised to meet people who can't sing at all, even though you just met someone like that a couple days ago.
- Hearing a pitch and having no idea whether it's higher or lower than what you're singing.
- Not letting anyone into your painting club who can't distinguish red and green.
- Greyie Pie.
- Applying a deuteranopic filter to a My Little Pony episode and instantly being incredibly depressed.
- Not knowing the right answer but the person in your head heckling you does.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store