Special Feature: Angela Henderson on handling criticism and negative feedback
No one wants to be blindsided by criticism and negative feedback, especially when what they’re sharing is meant to support and empower others.
Well, that’s exactly what happened when Angela Henderson published an article on a popular website in Australia called MamaMia, and today she’s joining us to share exactly how she handled that criticism and negative feedback without losing sleep - or her confidence.
Points Discussed in this Episode
- What went down - straight from Angela
- What she was most surprised about
- How she handled the criticism and negative comments
- Mindset and our beliefs, and how big a role those play in how we see the world
- Supporting women to speak up and take ownership of their decisions - everyone has a choice
- How every situation in our life gets presented to us for a reason
- Being responsible for how you receive others’ feedback and opinions and what you do with that - how you react (or don’t react)
- Whatever you’re not changing, you’re choosing
- Trusting that what’s in front of you is working for you and not against you
Mentioned in this episode:
Angela’s Article on MamaMia: 'I outsource all my home life admin. Here's exactly how I do it, and how much it costs.'
Angela’s Podcast Episode: The Toughest 36 Hours in Business
If this convo brings up anything for you and you need further help, support, or guidance, check out these resources:
Lifeline on 13 11 14 (Australia)
Beyond Blue on 1300 22 46 36 (Australia)
Headspace on 1 800 650 890 (USA)
Asking for help shows strength.
Thank you so much for joining us for this special feature episode with Angela Henderson on handling criticism and negative feedback.
Don’t forget to follow or subscribe to Nicole & Kate Can Relate for more episodes like this one!
Our mission with this podcast is to share a candid convo one time per week to help provide love, support, and space for women to share without judgment, speak without hesitation, and learn from each other - even when we don’t agree.