Spotify’s Joe Rogan problem, Sony buys Bungie, and Amazon’s union fight
First, a quick update on tech’s earnings. Then, Issie Lapowsky joins the show to discuss what Spotify can and should do about Joe Rogan, and why platforms keep having the same content issues. Next, Nick Statt explains why Sony bought Bungie, and what it says about the company’s vision for the future of gaming. Finally, Anna Kramer explains what’s happening with the union fight at Amazon warehouses, and the regulation that might be coming.
For more on the topics in this episode:
- Issie Lapowsky on Twitter
- Spotify’s big Rogan mistake
- Blame cheap music for Joe Rogan being on Spotify
- Spotify CEO defends Joe Rogan deal in tense company town hall — The Verge
- Nick Statt on Twitter
- What Sony sees in Destiny developer Bungie
- Anna Kramer on Twitter
- The next Amazon union vote in Bessemer, Alabama, is set for early February
- Two Amazon warehouses in Staten Island are trying to unionize
- Amazon warehouses have notorious injury rates. States are finally doing something about it.
For all the links and stories, head to Source Code’s homepage.