St. Patrick’s and a Pothole Patrol Take Over Pgh
It’s the Friday news roundup! If you like crowds, crowdsourcing, or hanging in the sun, golly is this the weekend for you. We’ve got all you need to know about the nation’s allegedly 3rd largest St. Patrick’s Day parade, a great new way to inform city officials about our roadways, and the secret Steel City history — and potential future! — of Daylight Saving Time.
As always, our Friday shows are powered by great local journalism.
- Check out the history of Pittsburgh’s St. Patrick’s parade.
- A Pittsburgh businessman is the father of daylight saving.
- The Mayo Clinic did a study on the adverse medical events following daylight saving.
- There are a bunch of 311 events at 311.org
- You can contact 311 anytime on the city’s website.
- Listen to our episode with Dashcam For Your Bike CEO Armin Samii and what inspired him to serve fellow cyclists.
Want some more Pittsburgh news? Then make sure to sign up for our morning newsletter.
We’re also on Twitter @citycastpgh & Instagram @CityCastPgh!
Not a fan of social? Then leave us a voicemail at 412-212-8893.
Interested in advertising with City Cast? Find more info here.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices